Working in your office throughout planning and execution, the Senior Drilling Advisor brings unrivalled rig-specific experience to focus on one goal: optimising the quality and efficiency of a drilling operation on your behalf, whilst never compromising on safety.
From the start of the planning phase of a drilling operation, the Senior Drilling Advisor works closely with your drilling engineers to advise on the best use of our rig. During execution they will monitor and optimise operations, liaising closely with our team offshore, as well as concentrating on forward planning for you and for third party suppliers.
The Senior Drilling Advisors role includes:
- Working through and optimising every detail of the plans
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies, such as areas where activity can be done offline
- Highlighting potential show-stoppers
- Problem-solving as issues emerge
- Monitoring the operation and introducing measures to improve performance and reduce costs
- Acting as a first point of contact, allowing the offshore team to focus on the operation
- Becoming a bridge between you and the rig team
- Acting on your behalf when dealing with third party suppliers, optimising their involvement in the operation
- Promoting a ‘One Team’ approach
- Reduce time on well
- Reduce operational expenditure
- Maximise utilisation of people and equipment
- Improve safety
- In-house focal point for solving drilling related issues
Example from a drilling operation Norwegian North Sea
Estimated drilling duration
Actual drilling duration
Saving 12.5 days
Can a Senior Drilling Advisor make a difference to your drilling operation?
Talk to us to find out more about how a Senior Drilling Advisor can benefit your project. We can even put you in touch with one of our Senior Drilling Advisors to give you a first hand understanding of what he can offer.