Read about Cookies »
Bookmark and Share

Electronic Technician (ET)

What does the work consist of?

The Electronic Technician advises the Electrical Supervisor of installations, maintenance, repairs, testing, and verification of electronic equipment and automated systems onboard the rig.

The Electronic Technician is also responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Dynamic Positioning System, BOP MUX system and the Drilling systems, but is not restricted to working exclusively on this equipment. His/her responsibilities also include assisting the Electrician when required. On floating units, there are 3 ETs covering each their specified areas in which they are experts; Drilling ET, Subsea ET and DP ET.

What do I need to know to hold the position?

In order to hold this position, you must have the following:

  • One of the following:
  • Certified Industrial Electrician with recognized National Apprenticeship, Certificate or Diploma such as Academy Profession, City & Guilds, Capstone Assessment or similar.

    Higher Degree in Electrical Engineering on a Bachelor or Master Level with further practical experience in accordance with requirements from the National Authorities.

  • High Voltage Certificate/Training
  • Experience with the relevant systems and equipment, see rig specifications

How do I get there?

You must be certified Electronic Engineer with several years of experience within this field. You will then typically start your career offshore in a position as Assistant Electrician or Electrician, or alternatively as trainee ET or roustabout to gain offshore experience before progressing to ET.

Sign up to our Job Agent

The job agent allows you to receive an email whenever there is a published vacancy

Read more »
Available jobs

Available jobs

Be part of our adventure

See our vacancies »